Is obstructive lung disease serious?

Obstructive lung disease is a serious illness. It can cause long-term health complications and permanent damage to the lungs. Obstructive lung disease is a leading cause of disability. It is life-threatening and more than 120,000 Americans die each year from the disease, which has no cure.

Continue Learning about Obstructive Lung Diseases

What increases my risk for obstructive lung disease?
Smoking cigarettes significantly increases your risk for obstructive lung disease. Exposure to secon...
How do I care for someone with obstructive lung disease?
When caring for someone with obstructive lung disease, remember to offer both emotional and physical...
Who is most at risk for obstructive lung disease?
Since smoking cigarettes is the main factor in the development of obstructive lung disease, smokers ...
When does obstructive lung disease begin to develop?
Obstructive lung disease usually begins developing in the mid 40s. The first symptom is usually mild...