What increases my risk for obstructive lung disease?

Smoking cigarettes significantly increases your risk for obstructive lung disease. Exposure to secondhand smoke also increases your risk. Air pollution and breathing in toxic chemicals over a long period of time are also risk factors. In rare cases, acid reflux disease and genetics can cause a person to develop obstructive lung disease.

Continue Learning about Obstructive Lung Diseases

Who is most at risk for obstructive lung disease?
Since smoking cigarettes is the main factor in the development of obstructive lung disease, smokers ...
Does obstructive lung disease affect children differently than adults?
Obstructive lung disease, which is mainly caused from smoking cigarettes, is extremely rare in child...
How do I care for someone with obstructive lung disease?
When caring for someone with obstructive lung disease, remember to offer both emotional and physical...
What is obstructive lung disease?
Obstructive lung disease is a condition in which your airway is blocked, making it difficult to empt...