Are there side effects from treating obstructive lung disease?

There may be side effects from treatment for obstructive lung disease. Medications used to treat this disease, such as inhaled steroids, may cause your blood pressure to rise and increase your risk for diabetes. Some antibiotics used to treat respiratory infections associated with obstructive lung disease could make the symptoms worse. Talk to your doctor if you are concerned about possible side effects from your treatment.

Continue Learning about Obstructive Lung Diseases

How do I care for someone with obstructive lung disease?
When caring for someone with obstructive lung disease, remember to offer both emotional and physical...
What increases my risk for obstructive lung disease?
Smoking cigarettes significantly increases your risk for obstructive lung disease. Exposure to secon...
Is obstructive lung disease serious?
Obstructive lung disease is a serious illness. It can cause long-term health complications and perma...
What is obstructive lung disease?
Obstructive lung disease is a condition in which your airway is blocked, making it difficult to empt...