What are current recommendations regarding obstructive lung disease?

There are current recommendations for people living with obstructive lung disease. Doctors recommend that people with the disease get vaccinated against influenza and pneumococcal disease. Obstructive lung disease places people at a greater risk for respiratory infections, so it is beneficial to guard to take extra precautions.

Continue Learning about Obstructive Lung Diseases

What is the rate of incidence for obstructive lung disease?
Obstructive lung disease is a very common illness. Approximately 12 million Americans have the disea...
How do I care for someone with obstructive lung disease?
When caring for someone with obstructive lung disease, remember to offer both emotional and physical...
Is obstructive lung disease serious?
Obstructive lung disease is a serious illness. It can cause long-term health complications and perma...
What increases my risk for obstructive lung disease?
Smoking cigarettes significantly increases your risk for obstructive lung disease. Exposure to secon...