What are current recommendations regarding obstructive lung disease?

There are current recommendations for people living with obstructive lung disease. Doctors recommend that people with the disease get vaccinated against influenza and pneumococcal disease. Obstructive lung disease places people at a greater risk for respiratory infections, so it is beneficial to guard to take extra precautions.

Continue Learning about Obstructive Lung Diseases

What increases my risk for obstructive lung disease?
Smoking cigarettes significantly increases your risk for obstructive lung disease. Exposure to secon...
How do I care for someone with obstructive lung disease?
When caring for someone with obstructive lung disease, remember to offer both emotional and physical...
When does obstructive lung disease begin to develop?
Obstructive lung disease usually begins developing in the mid 40s. The first symptom is usually mild...
What is obstructive lung disease?
Obstructive lung disease is a condition in which your airway is blocked, making it difficult to empt...