Are there alternative treatments for obstructive lung disease?

There are a few alternative treatment options that may be beneficial for people with obstructive lung disease. Relaxation and breathing techniques can be used to help with shortness of breath, and a humidifier may be used to help clear blocked airways. Another way to improve breathing is to exercise and maintain a healthy body weight. Eating a healthy diet and drinking enough water are also helpful for those suffering with obstructive lung disease.

Continue Learning about Obstructive Lung Diseases

When does obstructive lung disease begin to develop?
Obstructive lung disease usually begins developing in the mid 40s. The first symptom is usually mild...
What increases my risk for obstructive lung disease?
Smoking cigarettes significantly increases your risk for obstructive lung disease. Exposure to secon...
How do I care for someone with obstructive lung disease?
When caring for someone with obstructive lung disease, remember to offer both emotional and physical...
What is obstructive lung disease?
Obstructive lung disease is a condition in which your airway is blocked, making it difficult to empt...