When does my need to be organized become obsessive-compulsive disorder?

Sudeepta Varma, MD
Psychiatry
The need to be organized can start to border on obsessive-compulsive disorder when the need for perfection takes over, and one gets lost in the details of the task. Watch as I explain how a need to be organized can become OCD.

Continue Learning about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
You’re a worrier, you can’t sleep if the house is messy, you only submit work that’s absolutely perfect…but when you casually say, “I’m so OCD!” is it...
How is cognitive behavioral therapy used to treat OCD?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is used to treat obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) by changing ...
If I think I have OCD, is it best to hide how I'm feeling?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
If you think you have obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), don’t be tempted to hide how you are feel...
What Have We Learned from Brain Imaging of OCD Patients?