As a teen, what is obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)?

Obsessive-compulsive disorder is a condition that is really all about unwanted thoughts, obsessions, or compulsions that, if not acted upon, create acute anxiety. A person, for instance, has a problem functioning in life unless he or she follows certain rituals every day in the exact same way.

Continue Learning about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
You’re a worrier, you can’t sleep if the house is messy, you only submit work that’s absolutely perfect…but when you casually say, “I’m so OCD!” is it...
What is the link between perfectionism and obsessive-compulsive disorder?
Michael J. Mufson, MDMichael J. Mufson, MD
While perfectionism is a personality trait found in many people, including those without anxiety dis...
What is the biological basis for obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)?
The biological basis for obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is in the central nervous system. The h...
What Medication Is Used to Treat OCD?
What Medication Is Used to Treat OCD?