How is OCD severity rated?

Obsessive compulsive disorder is rated on a scale of 0 to 40 using an assessment test called a Y-BOCS. Find out more about this test in this video with Wayne Goodman, MD, chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine.

Continue Learning about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
You’re a worrier, you can’t sleep if the house is messy, you only submit work that’s absolutely perfect…but when you casually say, “I’m so OCD!” is it...
What is the link between perfectionism and obsessive-compulsive disorder?
Michael J. Mufson, MDMichael J. Mufson, MD
While perfectionism is a personality trait found in many people, including those without anxiety dis...
How is cognitive behavioral therapy used to treat OCD?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is used to treat obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) by changing ...
When Is a Ritual Just a Ritual and When Is It OCD?