How common is obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) in children?

Few children are without certain worries or fears. However, for the estimated 1% to 2% of children with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), these thoughts and behaviors become so intense, they can be both greatly distressing and disruptive of the child’s ability to function.

Continue Learning about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
You’re a worrier, you can’t sleep if the house is messy, you only submit work that’s absolutely perfect…but when you casually say, “I’m so OCD!” is it...
For someone with OCD, can acting out the compulsions be helpful?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
With obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), acting out compulsions can seem helpful by making people's...
What is obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)?
Dr. Wayne K. Goodman, MDDr. Wayne K. Goodman, MD
Obsessive compulsive disorder, or OCD, is simple to define, but often hard to diagnose, says Wayne G...
When Does My Need to Be Organized Become Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?