How common is obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) in children?

Few children are without certain worries or fears. However, for the estimated 1% to 2% of children with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), these thoughts and behaviors become so intense, they can be both greatly distressing and disruptive of the child’s ability to function.

Continue Learning about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
You’re a worrier, you can’t sleep if the house is messy, you only submit work that’s absolutely perfect…but when you casually say, “I’m so OCD!” is it...
How many people have OCD?
Wayne K. Goodman, MDWayne K. Goodman, MD
Many people with obsessive-compulstive disorder (OCD) never get treatment because of taboos about me...
What is skin picking?
Marla Deibler, PsyDMarla Deibler, PsyD
Excoriation (skin picking) disorder is characterized by:Recurrent skin picking that results in skin ...
When Does My Need to Be Organized Become Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?