Can stress make OCD worse?

Stress and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) often go hand in hand. In this WisePatient video, psychatrist Wayne Goodman, MD, of the Mount Sinai Medical Center, explains how stress may exacerbate OCD symptoms.

Continue Learning about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
You’re a worrier, you can’t sleep if the house is messy, you only submit work that’s absolutely perfect…but when you casually say, “I’m so OCD!” is it...
When does obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) start?
For many people, OCD starts during childhood or the teen years. Most people are diagnosed at about a...
What have we learned from brain imaging of OCD patients?
Wayne K. Goodman, MDWayne K. Goodman, MD
Brain imaging has uncovered some understanding of obsessive compulsive disorder. Wayne Goodman, MD, ...
How Important Is the Family Structure in Understanding and Treating OCD?