Can stress make OCD worse?

Stress and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) often go hand in hand. In this WisePatient video, psychatrist Wayne Goodman, MD, of the Mount Sinai Medical Center, explains how stress may exacerbate OCD symptoms.

Continue Learning about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
You’re a worrier, you can’t sleep if the house is messy, you only submit work that’s absolutely perfect…but when you casually say, “I’m so OCD!” is it...
What kinds of compulsions might someone with OCD have?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
With obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), compulsions are things people think they have to do to get...
What is the future of OCD research?
Wayne K. Goodman, MDWayne K. Goodman, MD
Physicians are starting to understand the causes of OCD and develop better therapies for the conditi...
What Have We Learned from Brain Imaging of OCD Patients?