Are OCD and Tourette’s syndrome linked?

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and Tourette's syndrome are unique conditions. But, as psychatrist Wayne Goodman, MD, of The Mount Sinai Medical Center, explains in this WisePatient video, there's a link between the two.

Continue Learning about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
You’re a worrier, you can’t sleep if the house is messy, you only submit work that’s absolutely perfect…but when you casually say, “I’m so OCD!” is it...
What is the link between perfectionism and obsessive-compulsive disorder?
Michael J. Mufson, MDMichael J. Mufson, MD
While perfectionism is a personality trait found in many people, including those without anxiety dis...
What are the most common obsessions with OCD?
Dr. Wayne K. Goodman, MDDr. Wayne K. Goodman, MD
Unwanted obsessions are at the root of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). In this WisePatient vide...
What Are the Symptoms of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)?