Why am I severely obese?

If you're extremely overweight -- meaning that you need to lose hundreds of pounds -- the explanation doesn't lie simply in your genes, food choices or habits. Your thoughts and feelings helped get you into this life-threatening state, says psychiatrist and Dr. Oz Show guest Keith Ablow, and they can help get you out.   

Continue Learning about Obesity

When your 401(k) Gets Smaller, This Gets Bigger
If tough economic times have turned zipping up your jeans into Mission Impossible, you're not alone. New data is more revealing than most celebs' Osca...
How safe is it for me to have surgery if I am obese?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
According to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, obesity is increasing in the US. In fact, nearl...
6 Surprising Factors That Increase Your Obesity Risk
6 Surprising Factors That Increase Your Obesity Risk6 Surprising Factors That Increase Your Obesity Risk6 Surprising Factors That Increase Your Obesity Risk6 Surprising Factors That Increase Your Obesity Risk
You knew overeating and inactivity can up your odds—but the list doesn't end there.
Is Obesity a Social Problem?
Is Obesity a Social Problem?