Where should waist to hip measurements be taken?

The waist measurement should be taken at the narrowest part of the waist, or right at the belly button if the waist does not narrow.
The hip measurement should be taken at the largest point of the hips (widest portion of the buttocks)

Continue Learning about Obesity

More People Obese Than Overweight in the US
In the 1960s, the Detroit Lion’s Roger Brown was the NFL’s first regular player to weigh...
When should I seek immediate help if I am obese?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
If you are obese, seek immediate help or call 911 if: you have a rash, hives, swelling, itchy skin o...
What are some medical reasons for weight gain?
Some illnesses and medical conditions can make you gain weight, which increases your risk for becomi...
What Are Some Diseases and Conditions Caused by Obesity?