What should I do if I'm morbidly obese?

Nicole Florence, MD
If you are considered to be morbidly obese, it is important to see your physician or a medical weight loss team. There can be many barriers contributing to why you are at this state, as well as why you may have not been successful with previous attempts to lose weight. It is essential to address healthy choices in your diet, modifying the right level of exercise for you, lifestyle changes including any possible mood disorder, and any possible medical issue or medications which may be barriers to your success.

If you're morbidly obese, change may seem impossible -- but small steps can start you on the way toward better health. In this video, Dr. Oz's 700-pound guest Colleen shares how she started her weight loss journey.

Continue Learning about Obesity

When It Comes to Body Fat, It's All About Location
If you're overweight, the extra fat is sure to manifest itself in some outward side effects, like a lack of energy or self-esteem. But many of the ris...
How can I stay healthy if I'm overweight?
The surprising fact is that just being overweight won't do you much harm if you do not make poor...
Why are so many people in the United States obese?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Fewer than half of adults in the U.S. engage in recommended levels of physical activity. A 2007 surv...
What Factors Have Contributed to Worldwide Obesity?