What is morbid obesity?

Morbid obesity is the second-leading cause of preventable adult death in the United States. Obesity is measured by a person's body mass index (BMI); a person is morbidly obese when his or her BMI is over 40.

Continue Learning about Obesity

When It Comes to Body Fat, It's All About Location
If you're overweight, the extra fat is sure to manifest itself in some outward side effects, like a lack of energy or self-esteem. But many of the ris...
How much weight should I lose if I am obese?
Nicole Florence, MDNicole Florence, MD
Everyone has different starting points and therefore may initially have different goals. Ideally, a ...
How is obesity treated?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The method of treatment depends on your level of obesity, overall health condition and readiness to ...
What Diseases Do You Worry About?
What Diseases Do You Worry About?