What happens to my heart if I'm severely obese?

It's easy to see how difficult extreme obesity makes life -- it can be tough just to get out of a chair, let alone participate in normal, everyday activities. But most of us don't get to see the toll it takes on the heart. In this video, Dr. Oz makes it impossible to miss those changes, demonstrating them to a group of extremely obese women.

Continue Learning about Obesity

Gaining Weight for No Reason? Check This Out
You're eating right and working out, yet your pants keep getting tighter. What's the deal? Could be your thyroid. A sluggish thyroid -- even one that...
How common is obesity?
Obesity, defined as a body mass index (BMI) of above 30, is now extremely common in the United State...
4 Things Overweight People Are Tired of Hearing
4 Things Overweight People Are Tired of Hearing4 Things Overweight People Are Tired of Hearing4 Things Overweight People Are Tired of Hearing4 Things Overweight People Are Tired of Hearing
Don't make someone feel small just because they're a bit bigger.
What Diseases Do You Worry About?
What Diseases Do You Worry About?