What are the symptoms of being overweight or obese?

Weight gain usually happens over time. Most people know when they've gained weight. Some of the signs of overweight or obesity include: Clothes feeling tight and needing a larger size. The scale showing that you've gained weight. Having extra fat around the waist. A higher than normal body mass index and waist circumference. This answer is based on source information from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute.

Continue Learning about Obesity

How Your Growing Waistline Can Shrink Your Brain
In Japan, most Sumo wrestlers weigh three to four hundred pounds. While they’re professionally active, they follow a diet and workout routine that hel...
What can I do about my hypothalamic obesity?
If you have been diagnosed with hypothalamic obesity by a physician you should follow his or her...
4 Things Overweight People Are Tired of Hearing
4 Things Overweight People Are Tired of Hearing4 Things Overweight People Are Tired of Hearing4 Things Overweight People Are Tired of Hearing4 Things Overweight People Are Tired of Hearing
Don't make someone feel small just because they're a bit bigger.
Is There a Genetic Component to Obesity?