How does toxic hunger affect weight?

Joel H. Fuhrman, MD
Family Medicine
Toxic hunger (physical addiction to an unhealthful, low-micronutrient diet) is the main reason people fail on diets. Toxic hunger is a primary cause of obesity and overweight in the modern world. We have adopted a toxic diet, and because of it, we are forced to overeat. To have become overweight, a person's food cravings, recreational eating, and other addictive drives have come into play.
Eat for Health: Lose Weight, Keep It Off, Look Younger, Live Longer (2 Volume Set)

Dr. Fuhrman's scientifically proven system, Eat For Health, enables you to finally conquer your cravings and food addictions, while steering your taste buds toward healthier food choices. Medical...

Continue Learning about Obesity

Global Epidemic: More People Obese Than Underweight
It’s not news that obesity is a national problem, but a study published in The Lancet reveals it’s a global problem too. For the first time in history...
What should I do if I'm morbidly obese?
Nicole Florence, MDNicole Florence, MD
If you are considered to be morbidly obese, it is important to see your physician or a medical weigh...
Why is obesity dangerous?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Obesity is dangerous because it causes diseases throughout the body. It causes more than 70 illnesse...
Is Obesity Actually a Worldwide Pandemic?