How can obesity affect our national security?

Overweight and obesity don't simply affect individuals -- they impact the country as a whole. In this video, First Lady Michelle Obama talks with Dr. Oz about how our national weight problem presents a threat to our country's ability to defend itself.

Continue Learning about Obesity

The Obesity Sentence
The Obesity Sentence
According to researchers in Canada, if you’re obese, you may be giving yourself a devastating life-shortening sentence. Here’s...
How safe is it for me to have surgery if I am obese?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
According to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, obesity is increasing in the US. In fact, nearl...
What are the risks of morbid obesity?
Parham Doctors' Hospital - HCA VirginiaParham Doctors' Hospital - HCA Virginia
Morbid obesity presents significant health risks. It also opens the door for co-morbid conditions su...
Are Obese Patients Capable of Eating Right?