How much weight should I lose if I am obese?

At times, the difference between what you weigh and what you want to weigh can seem insurmountable. You’re not alone in your frustration. The average American woman has a BMI of 28, which is overweight - nearly obese. Her waist  measures 37 inches, almost 5 inches too wide, and she weighs nearly 165 pounds. In 1960, the average American woman’s weight was 140 pounds. If we continue at this rate, in the next 50 years, your daughter or granddaughter will weigh 190 pounds.

America is in need of a lifestyle change. It can be intimidating; however, the benefits of weight loss aren’t reserved for those who drop 30, 50 or 100 pounds. By losing just 10 pounds, you can prevent [MS1] deadly illness, alleviate daily pain, and improve your quality of life.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Obesity

How Bad Is America's Obesity Problem?
How Bad Is America's Obesity Problem?
How Can We Solve the Obesity Epidemic in the U.S.?
What Is the Most Critical Medical Issue Americans Face?
The Obesity Epidemic in America
The Obesity Epidemic in America