How bad is America's obesity problem?

Judith Salerno
Geriatric Medicine

One of the most disturbing aspects of America's obesity problem is the toll it's taking on children, says Dr. Judy Salerno, executive officer of the Institute of Medicine. Find out more about kids and obesity by watching the video.

Continue Learning about Obesity

The Obesity Sentence
The Obesity Sentence
According to researchers in Canada, if you’re obese, you may be giving yourself a devastating life-shortening sentence. Here’s why. A new study in Th...
How safe is it for me to have surgery if I am obese?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
According to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, obesity is increasing in the US. In fact, nearl...
4 Things Overweight People Are Tired of Hearing
4 Things Overweight People Are Tired of Hearing4 Things Overweight People Are Tired of Hearing4 Things Overweight People Are Tired of Hearing4 Things Overweight People Are Tired of Hearing
Don't make someone feel small just because they're a bit bigger.
Can the Chronic Health Issues Seen in Children Be Attributed to Bad Diet?