How bad is America's obesity problem?

Judith Salerno
Geriatric Medicine

One of the most disturbing aspects of America's obesity problem is the toll it's taking on children, says Dr. Judy Salerno, executive officer of the Institute of Medicine. Find out more about kids and obesity by watching the video.

Continue Learning about Obesity

Is Obesity Draining your Brain Power?
Is Obesity Draining your Brain Power?
Need some extra motivation to take off those excess pounds? We’ve got it for you! A report reveals, for the first time, that there’s a direct link bet...
How can I stay healthy if I'm overweight?
The surprising fact is that just being overweight won't do you much harm if you do not make poor...
What are the healthcare costs of obesity?
Marjorie Nolan CohnMarjorie Nolan Cohn
In 2008, overall medical care costs related to obesity for U.S. adults were estimated to be as high ...
How Obese Is Our Population?
How Obese Is Our Population?