What should I know before my child is given Venofer?

Before your child receives a Venofer (iron sucrose) infusion, you should know that Venofer has not been proven to be safe and effective for children.

When Venofer was given to premature infants outside the United States, some of the babies developed a serious gastrointestinal disease. It was not clear whether Venofer caused the disease, but more study is needed to know if Venofer is safe and beneficial for children.

Continue Learning about Nutritive Agent

Will the FDA Regulate Supplement Safety?
The teaser for the 2018 film Vitamania, a documentary about the history of supplements, recounts a disastrous 1913 Antarctic trek. The last two remain...
Can eucalyptus oil help me breathe?
Eucalyptus oil can help you breathe easier and kill off bacteria in your lungs. Watch as Dr. Oz ...
What are possible side effects of using supplements?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Sometimes a supplement or herb may counteract the effects of your prescription medication, leavi...
What risks are associated with Lipozene?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Because Lipozene is made of glucomannan, which is a fiber, the majority of side effects are just lik...