What is Metanx?

Metanx is a prescription vitamin combination taken orally in the form of a tablet. This drug is a nutritional diet supplement and is used by those who have diabetic peripheral neuropathy and hyperhomocysteinemia. Diabetic peripheral neuropathy is a complication of diabetes that causes nerve damage in the extremities due to lack of blood flow in the peripheral blood vessels. In hyperhomocysteinemia, unusually large amounts of a certain substance in the blood causes vitamin deficiencies. Metanx provides specific nutritional requirements, which address the condition that causes damaged blood vessels associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy and replenishes deficient vitamins. This drug is also known by the generic name L-methylfolate with vitamins B6 and B12.

Continue Learning about Nutritive Agent

Will the FDA Regulate Supplement Safety?
The teaser for the 2018 film Vitamania, a documentary about the history of supplements, recounts a disastrous 1913 Antarctic trek. The last two remain...
What are possible side effects of using supplements?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Sometimes a supplement or herb may counteract the effects of your prescription medication, leavi...
Are supplements safe?
As I’ve learned more about natural therapies, I realize that some alternative therapies are viable...
What risks are associated with Lipozene?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Because Lipozene is made of glucomannan, which is a fiber, the majority of side effects are just lik...