What is Klor-Con?

Klor-Con is one of the many brands of potassium supplements. Its primary ingredient is potassium chloride. The primary use of Klor-Con is the treatment of low potassium, a condition called hypokalemia. Klor-Con can also offset potassium losses resulting from other drugs, such as diuretics. It comes as a powder, tablet or effervescent tablet. If you are taking Klor-Con, you should probably consult a doctor about a diet that contains an appropriate amount of potassium.

Continue Learning about Nutritive Agent

Will the FDA Regulate Supplement Safety?
The teaser for the 2018 film Vitamania, a documentary about the history of supplements, recounts a disastrous 1913 Antarctic trek. The last two remain...
What risks are associated with Lipozene?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Because Lipozene is made of glucomannan, which is a fiber, the majority of side effects are just lik...
Are supplements safe?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
As I’ve learned more about natural therapies, I realize that some alternative therapies are viable...
What are possible side effects of using supplements?
Sometimes a supplement or herb may counteract the effects of your prescription medication, leavi...