What should I do if I miss a dose of Venofer?

If you miss an injection of Venofer (iron sucrose) you will need to make an appointment for another injection.

The recommended schedule for Venofer injections depends on your condition, but most prescriptions are for a total dose of 1,000 milligrams (mg). One option is to get 100 mg iron in each of 10 injections; you should not receive more than 3 injections per week. Another option is to 5 injections of 200 mg over a 14-day period.

Continue Learning about Nutritive Agent

Will the FDA Regulate Supplement Safety?
The teaser for the 2018 film Vitamania, a documentary about the history of supplements, recounts a disastrous 1913 Antarctic trek. The last two remain...
Are supplements safe?
Dietary supplements are safe when used as directed. This means taking the recommended dosage as ...
What are possible side effects of using supplements?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Sometimes a supplement or herb may counteract the effects of your prescription medication, leavi...
What risks are associated with Lipozene?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Because Lipozene is made of glucomannan, which is a fiber, the majority of side effects are just lik...