What are the risks of taking Metanx?

There may be a risk of allergy when taking Metanx. Stop taking Metanx and contact your doctor immediately if you have symptoms of an allergic reaction. Symptoms of an allergy often include rash, hives, itching, trouble breathing, closing of the throat, or swelling of the face, mouth, lips or tongue. Also, there are vitamins and folic acid in Metanx. Tell your doctor if you take any other vitamins or supplements that contain vitamins or folic acid. It is possible to overdose on certain vitamins. Also, an excess of folic acid can hide a B12 deficiency. It is recommended not to drink alcohol or smoke tobacco while on this medication.

Continue Learning about Nutritive Agent

Will the FDA Regulate Supplement Safety?
The teaser for the 2018 film Vitamania, a documentary about the history of supplements, recounts a disastrous 1913 Antarctic trek. The last two remain...
Are supplements safe?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
As I’ve learned more about natural therapies, I realize that some alternative therapies are viable...
What are possible side effects of using supplements?
Sometimes a supplement or herb may counteract the effects of your prescription medication, leavi...
Can eucalyptus oil help me breathe?
Eucalyptus oil can help you breathe easier and kill off bacteria in your lungs. Watch as Dr. Oz ...