Can I use oral rehydration therapy to prevent dehydration?

You can use oral rehydration therapy on a regular basis to prevent dehydration but you should not need to do so. A well balanced diet with ample fluids should give you all the water and electrolytes you need. Oral rehydration products are available in premixed solution or as packets of powder to be mixed with potable water. They tend to be inexpensive, last a long time and the packets are easy to carry around. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends low-sodium fluids such as Pedialyte and Ricelyte to keep young children hydrated.

Continue Learning about Nutritive Agent

Will the FDA Regulate Supplement Safety?
The teaser for the 2018 film Vitamania, a documentary about the history of supplements, recounts a disastrous 1913 Antarctic trek. The last two remain...
What are possible side effects of using supplements?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Sometimes a supplement or herb may counteract the effects of your prescription medication, leavi...
Are supplements safe?
Dietary supplements are safe when used as directed. This means taking the recommended dosage as ...
Can eucalyptus oil help me breathe?
Eucalyptus oil can help you breathe easier and kill off bacteria in your lungs. Watch as Dr. Oz ...