Who should not use folic acid, cyanocobalamin and pyridoxine (Foltx)?

You should not use folic acid, cyanocobalamin and pyridoxine (Foltx) if you have had an allergic reaction to it in the past. If you are pregnant or nursing, tell your doctor before using folic acid, cyanocobalamin and pyridoxine. Pregnant and nursing mothers should not take more than 2.5 mcg. of vitamin B12, and there is 2 mg. of B12 in each tablet of folic acid, cyanocobalamin and pyridoxine. People with the hereditary condition, Leber's optic atrophy (loss of central vision), should not take cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), as the risk of irreversible neurological damage may occur. If you have anemia, you may experience an adverse hematologic reaction when taking more than 10 mcg./day of vitamin B12.

Continue Learning about Nutritive Agent

Will the FDA Regulate Supplement Safety?
The teaser for the 2018 film Vitamania, a documentary about the history of supplements, recounts a disastrous 1913 Antarctic trek. The last two remain...
Are supplements safe?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
As I’ve learned more about natural therapies, I realize that some alternative therapies are viable...
What are possible side effects of using supplements?
Sometimes a supplement or herb may counteract the effects of your prescription medication, leavi...
What risks are associated with Lipozene?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Because Lipozene is made of glucomannan, which is a fiber, the majority of side effects are just lik...