What should I know about folic acid, cyanocobalamin and pyridoxine (Foltx)?

Folic acid, cyanocobalamin and pyridoxine (Foltx) should typically be taken once a day, but your doctor may instruct you to take it more often. You should never take more or less of this medication than prescribed, and you should not stop taking it unless your doctor instructs you to do so. If this medication upsets your stomach, take it with food. if not then take it with or without food. Foltx should be stored at room temperature and away from light and moisture. Take it at the same time each day to help assure you do not miss a dose. Foltx are taken by people who do not get enough vitamin B6, vitamin B12 or folate to keep them healthy. Each tablet contains 25 mg. of vitamin B6, Two mg. of vitamin B12, and 2.5 mg. of folate. Your dose will be directly related to your medical issues and how your body responds to this medication. Overdosing on Foltx can cause symptoms of ataxia, which is an unbalanced, unsteady feeling. You may also experience numbness, tingling and burning in your hands and feet. Let your doctor know if you experience any of these symptoms, as well as a rash, itching, diarrhea or drowsiness.

Continue Learning about Nutritive Agent

Will the FDA Regulate Supplement Safety?
The teaser for the 2018 film Vitamania, a documentary about the history of supplements, recounts a disastrous 1913 Antarctic trek. The last two remain...
Can eucalyptus oil help me breathe?
Eucalyptus oil can help you breathe easier and kill off bacteria in your lungs. Watch as Dr. Oz ...
Are supplements safe?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
As I’ve learned more about natural therapies, I realize that some alternative therapies are viable...
What are possible side effects of using supplements?
Sometimes a supplement or herb may counteract the effects of your prescription medication, leavi...