If I am pregnant, is it safe to get injections of Venofer?

If you are pregnant, tell your doctor before you receive Venofer (iron sucrose) injections for iron-deficiency anemia. This drug, which is meant for people with chronic kidney disease, hasn't been studied enough in pregnant women to know if it is safe for them or a developing fetus.

Studies have found no harm to the offspring of animals that received iron sucrose during pregnancy, but results may be different in humans.

If you are pregnant or plan to conceive, talk with your doctor about the drug's potential benefits and risks to you and a developing fetus.

Continue Learning about Nutritive Agent

Will the FDA Regulate Supplement Safety?
The teaser for the 2018 film Vitamania, a documentary about the history of supplements, recounts a disastrous 1913 Antarctic trek. The last two remain...
Can eucalyptus oil help me breathe?
Eucalyptus oil can help you breathe easier and kill off bacteria in your lungs. Watch as Dr. Oz ...
What are possible side effects of using supplements?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Sometimes a supplement or herb may counteract the effects of your prescription medication, leavi...
What risks are associated with Lipozene?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Because Lipozene is made of glucomannan, which is a fiber, the majority of side effects are just lik...