Are glucose-based oral rehydration therapy effective??

Yes, glucose-based oral rehydration therapy is effective treatment of dehydration. The goal of oral rehydration therapy is the absorption of water from the gastrointestinal tract; more water and sodium are absorbed when a small amount of glucose is present. Talk to your child's doctor about how to choose the right oral rehydration options for your child.

Continue Learning about Nutritive Agent

Will the FDA Regulate Supplement Safety?
The teaser for the 2018 film Vitamania, a documentary about the history of supplements, recounts a disastrous 1913 Antarctic trek. The last two remain...
Are supplements safe?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
As I’ve learned more about natural therapies, I realize that some alternative therapies are viable...
What risks are associated with Lipozene?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Because Lipozene is made of glucomannan, which is a fiber, the majority of side effects are just lik...
What are possible side effects of using supplements?
Sometimes a supplement or herb may counteract the effects of your prescription medication, leavi...