Can I receive injections of Venofer if I am breastfeeding?

If you are nursing, be sure to tell your doctor before you receive injections of Venofer (iron sucrose). Your doctor may advise you to wean your baby before you receive the drug to treat the iron-deficiency anemia that's occurs as a result of chronic kidney disease.

Doctors do not know if Venofer passes into human breast milk, but animal studies indicate that it can.

Continue Learning about Nutritive Agent

Will the FDA Regulate Supplement Safety?
The teaser for the 2018 film Vitamania, a documentary about the history of supplements, recounts a disastrous 1913 Antarctic trek. The last two remain...
What are possible side effects of using supplements?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Sometimes a supplement or herb may counteract the effects of your prescription medication, leavi...
What risks are associated with Lipozene?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Because Lipozene is made of glucomannan, which is a fiber, the majority of side effects are just lik...
Are supplements safe?
As I’ve learned more about natural therapies, I realize that some alternative therapies are viable...