Why is it important to eat foods that are good for the brain?

We pay a lot of attention to diet and training programs, but they sometimes fail because our brains aren’t engaged in the process. To make true progress in your fitness efforts, you need nutrients that will help stimulate your mind as well as your body. Boosting your brainpower has multiple benefits inside and outside of the gym. You can improve focus, memory, energy, concentration and mood. This also helps you avoid comfort eating that will take you off your eating plan. Of course, a good start to staying on your diet is to examine your daily menu and add brain foods when possible.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Lose the “Secret Salt” Hiding in Your Food
Moviegoers love a good secret. There are more than 200 movies with the word “Secret” in the title—including, we kid you not, The Secret Lives of Denti...
What foods can I eat that will help keep me cool?
Mother Nature NetworkMother Nature Network
Looking for a natural, nutritional way to cool down during the hot days of July and August? Foods th...
Who should see a registered dietitian (RD)?
Sarah WordenSarah Worden
Great question! Anyone can benefit from seeing a registered dietitian. Dietitians can provide nutrit...
What Are the Healthy Benefits of Coconut Oil?