Where do fruits and vegetables get their color?

Frances Largeman-Roth, RD

Fruits and vegetables get their color from plant pigments, which have antioxidant properties. In general, the more richly hued a fruit or vegetable is, the more antioxidants it contains.

Eating in Color: Delicious, Healthy Recipes for You and Your Family

If art throughout the ages is any indication, few things are as visually stunning as the intensity of color present in nature. In Eating in Color, registered dietitian and bestselling author Frances...

Continue Learning about Nutrition

How Your Body Responds to Just One High-Fat Meal
Before jumping on the latest trend that tells you it’s okay to pour cream or butter in your coffee, you should be aware of the four major effects that...
What are the health benefits of eating dark chocolate?
Your body turns dark chocolate into anti-inflammatory substances that are beneficial to health. Thes...
What does Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) mean?
Janis Jibrin, MS, RDJanis Jibrin, MS, RD
I’ll explain RDI -- a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) term -- but first I’ll offer some backgroun...
Curb Dieting Hunger With This Trick
Curb Dieting Hunger With This Trick