When should I consult a nutritionist?

John Preston, PsyD
You may want to consult a nutritionist at the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) website, or a dietitian or other healthcare provider if you find that your eating habits have made you overweight or underweight, or you have illnesses such as hypertension, high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, or other diet-related conditions. Any of the latter conditions should motivate you even more to take control of what you put into your mouth. Use the nutrition guidelines provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition Information Center.
Bipolar 101: A Practical Guide to Identifying Triggers, Managing Medications, Coping with Symptoms, and More

After receiving a bipolar diagnosis, you need clear answers. Bipolar 101 is a straightforward guide to understanding bipolar disorder. It includes all the information you need to control your...

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Benefits of Spirulina
Benefits of Spirulina
Today, Mexico City sits in a dry basin, but back in the 16th century the area was filled with the waters of Lake Texcoco. That was home to the Aztecs,...
What can I use as a healthy salt substitute?
Dr. Mike Dow, PsyDDr. Mike Dow, PsyD
Psychotherapist Dr. Mike Dow suggests several seasonsings that can be used as healthy salt substitut...
What does Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) mean?
Janis Jibrin, MS, RDJanis Jibrin, MS, RD
I’ll explain RDI -- a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) term -- but first I’ll offer some backgroun...
What Are the Health Benefits of Phytochemicals?