What should I do if I miss a dose of carnitine?

If you're taking carnitine because you have a deficiency and you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember unless it's almost time to take your next dose. Do not take two doses at once, because too much carnitine can lead to side effects such as stomach cramps, vomiting and diarrhea.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

4 Smart Ways to Work With a Dietitian
4 Smart Ways to Work With a Dietitian
Eating plans for people with diabetes are like fingerprints: Each one is personal. If you need to manage your blood glucose levels, it’s generally a ...
What is functional eating?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Our bodies have remarkable metabolic capabilities. The challenge is knowing how to realize this ...
7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet
7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet
These surprising picks may be sabotaging your weight loss plan.
Add This Fat-Fighting Spice to Your Drink