What does the natural meat label mean?

Margaret Floyd
In my mind, the label, "natural," is the most ridiculous of all labels on meat. Technically speaking, any and all fresh meat is "natural." In the industry, it simply means that the meat contains no artificial colors, it has been "minimally processed," and there are no additional, artificial ingredients. It says nothing about how the animal was raised, what it ate, or the conditions it was kept in. If meat isn't even "natural," then my advice is to run to the nearest exit.
Eat Naked: Unprocessed, Unpolluted, and Undressed Eating for a Healthier, Sexier You

Eat Naked with Margaret Floyd for a Sexier You Are you fed up with counting calories? Confused by all the diet hype? Want to eat delicious, real food and look and feel great? Leading...

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Glyphosates and Carbs: What’s the Harm?
Glyphosates and Carbs: What’s the Harm?
Q: I read that the weed killer glyphosate—the one found responsible for causing cancer in that groundskeeper in California—is showing up in breakfast ...
What can I eat for sustained energy?
For sustained energy, combine complex carbohydrates with protein. Snacks to keep you going include l...
7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet
7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet
These surprising picks may be sabotaging your weight loss plan.
A Smoothie That Won't Add Belly Fat
A Smoothie That Won't Add Belly Fat