What should I know before my child uses carnitine?

You should consult your health-care provider before giving your child carnitine supplements. Experts say that carnitine should only be used in babies and children if a deficiency is present, so the doctor will want to confirm that your child has a deficiency of this amino acid. It can cause side effects like stomach cramps, vomiting and diarrhea, and it can interact with a number of different medications.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Eat This Breakfast to Get Happy
Eat This Breakfast to Get Happy
That bowl of cereal you have for breakfast each morning? It just might be giving you an all-day edge when it comes to feeling happy. Compared with ce...
Does eating animal protein cause heart disease?
dotFITdotFIT
The simple answer is no, eating animal protein does not cause heart disease. Can it contribute to it...
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
These sneaky sugar sources can sabotage your diet and send blood sugar levels soaring.
What Are the Health Benefits of Fermented Foods?