What should I know before my child uses carnitine?

You should consult your health-care provider before giving your child carnitine supplements. Experts say that carnitine should only be used in babies and children if a deficiency is present, so the doctor will want to confirm that your child has a deficiency of this amino acid. It can cause side effects like stomach cramps, vomiting and diarrhea, and it can interact with a number of different medications.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Salt: A Sprinkling of Misinformation
Salt: A Sprinkling of Misinformation
In Coleridge’s The Rime of the Ancyent Marinere (old spelling) the Old Salt recounts his harrowing tale of troubles on the high sea. And although he f...
How can good nutrition help me build my self-esteem?
Carol CottrillCarol Cottrill
Good nutrition enriches every aspect our lives. We know that by selecting the most nutritious food w...
What is nutritional counseling?
Jessica CrandallJessica Crandall
Nutritional counseling is used to help people set goals and develop strategies to overcome obstacles...
What Are Some Healthy Sweeteners?
What Are Some Healthy Sweeteners?