What are the health benefits of eating dark chocolate?

Tod Cooperman, MD
Health Education
The healthy flavanols found in dark chocolate make it a delicious addition to your diet, in moderation. In this video, I will share benefits of eating dark chocolate, especially to the cardiovascular system.
Your body turns dark chocolate into anti-inflammatory substances that are beneficial to health. These substances may help:
  • lower blood pressure
  • lower your risk of heart disease and stroke
  • increase your body's ability to use insulin (insulin sensitivity)
Dark chocolate also has lower added sugar and fats than milk chocolate.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

To Salt or Not to Salt
To Salt or Not to Salt
Yogi Berra once confided, “I didn’t really say everything I said.” We’re not sure if he said that before or after he said “take it with a grin of salt...
Which nutrients in mackerel help prevent memory loss?
Watch this video to learn more from Dr. Mehmet Oz about memory loss.  
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
These sneaky sugar sources can sabotage your diet and send blood sugar levels soaring.
What Are Some Healthy Food Substitutions?