Prebiotic fiber is found in foods such as bananas, wheat bran, asparagus, onions, leeks, garlic, and artichokes. The benefit of eating prebiotic fiber is that it promotes digestive health and in turn contributes to a healthy immune system. If some of these foods are not at the top of your weekly shopping list, you can also look for supplements that contain larch arabinogalactan. Larch arabinogalactan contains prebiotic fiber that promotes digestive health.
- Q How can I include more fiber in my diet?
- Q What fruits are rich in fiber?
- Q How does fiber help treat constipation?
- Q How does fiber affect cholesterol levels?
- Q How can I make sure a food has the healthiest kind of fiber?
- Q Why should I eat high-fiber cereal?