What type of fiber supplement should I take while on the FODMAP diet?

Patsy Catsos
If you use a bulk-forming fiber supplement, you may want to consider switching to Citrucel before starting the elimination phase of the FODMAPS Elimination Diet (the manufacturer claims that Citrucel is 100 percent non-fermentable, in other words it is not a FODMAP). If your system is very sensitive, you can accomplish this by using a little less of your current fiber supplement each day over a week's time until you are down to nothing. At the same time, starting with the lowest dose of Citrucel (check product label for details), gradually increase over a week's time until you are using an effective dose of the product. If you choose to switch to Citrucel, do it before starting the diet.
IBS: Free at Last! Change Your Carbs, Change Your Life with the FODMAP Elimination Diet, 2nd Edition

IBS should not make you skip a beat—get your groove back! Tired of missing the fun because of your irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)? Confused about what to eat? Think you’re the only one who feels...

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Setting the Record Straight on Chocolate
“The greatest tragedies were written by the Greeks and Shakespeare . . . neither knew chocolate,” says Sandra Boynton, the author of the beloved birth...
How can foods rich in carotenoids help me look better?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Eating foods rich in carotenoids can improve your appearance in only two months, according to Britis...
Can vinegar help lower my glycemic index (GI)?
Tim FerrissTim Ferriss
There's a great deal of evidence for vinegar lowering the glycemic index of a meal by more than 25%....
Changing Healthcare to Treat the Whole Person