What should I eat to have energy and stay full all day?

Lean proteins and fiber are a powerful combination at any time of day, but especially for breakfast and lunch, because they will keep you full and help give you sustained energy to last through the rest of the day. For an afternoon pick-me-up move dessert to after lunch instead of after dinner. The simple sugars from berries or dark chocolate will give you the instant energy boost you need during your 2 pm afternoon slump. But that same sugar rush could sabotage your nighttime ZZZs. In terms of fats, I’d opt for healthy fats earlier in the day, because fats take the longest to digest so you want to give your body plenty of time. The upside to that long digestion time is they’ll keep you full longer. Try some olive-oil sautéed veggies with your morning omelet, some nuts as a snack, or some avocados in your sandwich.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Apple Cider Vinegar: The Good News and Bad News
Q: I hear that apple cider vinegar helps with weight loss and improves glucose tolerance for people with diabetes. Is this true? — Emma S., Los Angele...
Why should I avoid artificial food coloring?
Stefanie Sacks, MSStefanie Sacks, MS
Food dyes have garnered enough controversy and research to deem them unsafe for consumption as noted...
What is the role of nut and seed oils in my body?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Nuts and seeds have long been used as a source of oils for culinary, medicinal, and cosmetic purpose...
Food Is the Best Source of Most Nutrients