What does glucose do in my body?

Glucose is a nutrient absorbed from food that the body uses for energy. Glucose travels around the bloodstream to reach cells in the body. The body's cells need glucose so they have enough energy to do their jobs and keep you healthy.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Foods That Can Actually Make You Hungrier—And What to Eat Instead
If you’ve ever downed a bag of chips, but found yourself heading back into the kitchen an hour later in search of a snack, there’s actually an explana...
How does silicon help keep my body healthy?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Silicon is responsible for cross-linking collagen strands, thereby contributing greatly to the stren...
What should I eat often when following the Traffic Light eating style?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Here is a list of foods that you should eat daily or often when following the Traffic Light eating...
Paint Your Plate With Colorful Produce
Paint Your Plate With Colorful Produce