A Answers (2)
The foods you eat can be causing a toxic acid overload, putting you at risk for diabetes, kidney damage -- even weight gain! Dietician Ashley Koff joins Dr. Oz to reveal which alkaline foods can help neutralize the acids in your body.
Alkaline foods include:
- Fruits: most fruits are alkalinizing: apples, apricots, avocados, bananas, cherries, oranges, grapes, peaches, pears, pineapples, strawberries
- Veggies: beets, broccoli, carrots, celery, eggplant, garlic, green beans, kale, lettuce, mushrooms, onions, peppers, sprouts, squash, tomatoes
- Nuts: almonds, flaxseed, pumpkin seeds
- Proteins: eggs, chicken breast, tofu, yogurt
- Beverages: fresh and unsweetened fruit juices, regular and herbal teas, vegetable juices, water
- Seasonings: apple cider vinegar, chili peppers, cinnamon, curry, garlic, ginger, mustard, salt, all herbs
- Dairy products
- Sweeteners: stevia
Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.