What are some healthy food options that I can try?

Andrew Weil
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Eating healthy doesn't mean sticking to tofu and bean sprouts all the time. In this video, I will discuss how fine dining and optimum nutrition are not mutually exclusive.
Some healthy food options for you are:
  • When you eat calorie-friendly fruits and vegetables that are in season, they tend to taste better and you're more likely to enjoy them.
  • Eat a rainbow of colors. Have at least one brightly colored fruit or vegetable in each meal, and, if appropriate, eat the skins -- that's where you'll find a powerhouse of antioxidants.
  • Get familiar with quinoa -- a wonderful grain that's easy to cook and goes great with sautéed vegetables or mushrooms.
  • Use the freezer to add some extra oomph to summer foods.
  • Freeze grapes for some bite-sized delights. Or get a popsicle mold and freeze some Greek yogurt with berries.
  • Replace your regular pasta noodles with whole wheat pasta for a more filling meal.Try a pasta-less spaghetti by mixing shredded zucchini, veggie meatballs and raw tomato sauce seasoned with a dash of zesty oregano.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.  

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Nutrition Boosters for Fruit and Veggies
Fresh fruit and veggies come packed with vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals. Or do they? Turns out it might depend on how you treat them. And no d...
How are sodium levels regulated in my body?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Sodium levels are regulated by the kidney and adrenal gland. The adrenal gland produces a hormone ca...
What are macronutrients?
ChuiceChuice
Macronutrients are energy-providing chemical substances we consume in large quantities. There are th...
What Is the Role of Copper in my Body?
What Is the Role of Copper in my Body?