What are some healthy food options that I can try?

Some healthy food options for you are:
  • When you eat calorie-friendly fruits and vegetables that are in season, they tend to taste better and you're more likely to enjoy them.
  • Eat a rainbow of colors. Have at least one brightly colored fruit or vegetable in each meal, and, if appropriate, eat the skins -- that's where you'll find a powerhouse of antioxidants.
  • Get familiar with quinoa -- a wonderful grain that's easy to cook and goes great with sautéed vegetables or mushrooms.
  • Use the freezer to add some extra oomph to summer foods.
  • Freeze grapes for some bite-sized delights. Or get a popsicle mold and freeze some Greek yogurt with berries.
  • Replace your regular pasta noodles with whole wheat pasta for a more filling meal.Try a pasta-less spaghetti by mixing shredded zucchini, veggie meatballs and raw tomato sauce seasoned with a dash of zesty oregano.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.  
Andrew Weil
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Eating healthy doesn't mean sticking to tofu and bean sprouts all the time. In this video, I will discuss how fine dining and optimum nutrition are not mutually exclusive.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Keep Kale Cool
Keep Kale Cool
When the weather service issues a winter storm warning, folks stock up on essentials. This often leads to a shortage of supermarket items such as toil...
Why do I get drowsy after eating lunch?
There may be many reasons you may feel tired after eating lunch. One common reason is that after...
7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet
7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet
These surprising picks may be sabotaging your weight loss plan.
How Does Proper Nutrition Keep Healthcare Costs Down?