Should I take fiber supplements if I have diabetes?

If you have diabetes, it is best to get your fiber from food rather than taking a supplement. In addition to the fiber, these foods have a wealth of nutrition, containing many important vitamins and minerals. In fact, they may contain nutrients that haven't even been discovered yet!

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Getting Too Much Fructose?
Getting Too Much Fructose?
Getting fructed? Webster’s says that edgy-sounding word simply means, “bearing fruit.” It could also stand for participating in the Finnish-Russian Un...
Why should I avoid artificial food coloring?
Stefanie Sacks, MSStefanie Sacks, MS
Food dyes have garnered enough controversy and research to deem them unsafe for consumption as noted...
What does glucose do in my body?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Glucose is a nutrient absorbed from food that the body uses for energy. Glucose travels around the b...
How Can Exercise Help Me Avoid Hitting a Weight-Loss Plateau?