Tryptophan was linked to the outbreak of a serious neurological condition that led to a number of deaths in 1989. It was temporarily banned. Although it is once again available, it is still considered possibly unsafe.
- Q How should I store tryptophan?
- Q What side effects of tryptophan require emergency care?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I am taking tryptophan?
- Q Can I take tryptophan if I am breastfeeding?
- Q Do foods or alcohol interact with tryptophan?
- Q What drugs may interact with tryptophan?