What is the nutritional content of Japanese persimmons?

Marco Di Buono
A Japanese persimmon can make a very healthy snack. A regular-sized fruit, about 2.5 inches in diameter, provides less than 120 calories and is loaded with nutrients;
  • 6g of fiber
  • 13mg of calcium
  • 270mg of potassium
And it contains a significant amount of vitamin A and beta-carotene.

A regular-sized Japanese persimmon also contains about 7mg of plant sterols -- a naturally occurring compound that has been shown to lower cholesterol.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Coconut Oil: Why You Should Question the Hype
Coconut oil is being touted as a cure-all in many health circles—but is it actually beneficial to your health? Carra Richling, from Ornish Lifestyle M...
What is the difference between vitamins and minerals?
Dariush Mozaffarian, MDDariush Mozaffarian, MD
Vitamins and minerals differ in basic ways. Vitamins are organic and can be broken down by heat, air...
What are the benefits of switching to a healthy diet?
Laura Katleman-PrueLaura Katleman-Prue
If you want to be healthy, start to make changes in your diet in a way that feels right for you. Rem...
What Are Ways to Include Yogurt in My Diet?