Why look for a small "P" on the label when buying supplements?

Whenever I buy a nutritional supplement, I always look for a small "P" on the label. This means that the United States Pharmacopeia, a reliable nonprofit science organization, has tested the supplement and it's the best evidence you'll get confirming that the pills actually contain what the manufacturer claims they do. Check out the U.S. Pharmacopeia's Web site at http://www.usp.org to get more details about the organization.
YOU: The Smart Patient: An Insider's Handbook for Getting the Best Treatment

Everyone needs to become a smart patient. In fact, in the worst cases, your life may even depend on it. Number one bestselling authors and doctors Michael Roizen and Mehmet Oz have written this...

Continue Learning about Nutrition

To Salt or Not to Salt
To Salt or Not to Salt
Yogi Berra once confided, “I didn’t really say everything I said.” We’re not sure if he said that before or after he said “take it with a grin of salt...
How can eating a healthy diet affect physical appearance?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
If you follow high-nutrient, lower-calorie diet, you will see remarkable physical changes that are t...
How does exposure to favorite foods affect the brain?
Abby EllinAbby Ellin
Dr. Gene-Jack Wang and his colleagues at Brookhaven National Laboratory in Upton, New York, studied ...
What Superfoods Can I Buy for $5 or Less?