Why look for a small "P" on the label when buying supplements?

Whenever I buy a nutritional supplement, I always look for a small "P" on the label. This means that the United States Pharmacopeia, a reliable nonprofit science organization, has tested the supplement and it's the best evidence you'll get confirming that the pills actually contain what the manufacturer claims they do. Check out the U.S. Pharmacopeia's Web site at http://www.usp.org to get more details about the organization.
YOU: The Smart Patient: An Insider's Handbook for Getting the Best Treatment

Everyone needs to become a smart patient. In fact, in the worst cases, your life may even depend on it. Number one bestselling authors and doctors Michael Roizen and Mehmet Oz have written this...

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Oatmeal... It's What's For Breakfast
Oatmeal... It's What's For Breakfast
When Cleopatra slipped into her oatmeal and buttermilk-filled bathtub, she was making sure her skin was healthy and smooth-looking all day long. What ...
What should I know about vitamins with minerals before taking it?
Before taking therapeutic vitamins with minerals, you should provide your doctor with your complete ...
Why should I avoid food and drinks with fortified nutrients?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Sometimes foods and beverages are fortified with nutrients, such as soda pop with added vitamins and...
What Is a Healthy Recipe for Holiday Cookies?