What should I know before taking carnitine?

Your doctor will probably recommend that you take carnitine if he or she suspects you have a lower amount in your body or a problem that could benefit from extra carnitine. The amount of carnitine you take will vary by age and the condition being treated. You should not take the D-carnitine supplement with other forms of carnitine, because it can interrupt the natural carnitine benefits.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Why Cocoa Is Good for Your Heart
Why Cocoa Is Good for Your Heart
Photo Credit: Amanda Mathson According to scientific research, cocoa is more than just a hot drink for a cold day. Science has proven that a food as...
Will a better diet help hair to re-grow?
If your hair loss was caused by a poor diet, then eating a well-rounded diet may help your hair to r...
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
These sneaky sugar sources can sabotage your diet and send blood sugar levels soaring.
What Healthy Foods Should I Keep in My Kitchen for My Family?